As promised, here is another card using bashful blue and so saffron - and a birthday card is the sentiment that was chosen for this one -
Another simple, yet elegant and easy card to make! This one came from one of the Stampin' Up! demonstrators from the Bedazzler group - and what fun it was to make!
Supplies needed are listed below (one time purchases are noted). This will make 48 cards, using all 24 sheets of so saffron card stock. Note that if the supplies were purchased for the baby card posted yesterday, the only expendable supplies needed are those listed in BLUE.
- Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set - #115370 $36.95 (wood mount only) (one time purchase)
- Greenhouse Garden stamp set - #113824 $25.95 (wood mount only) (one time purchase)
- Lattice Bigz Die - #115958 $21.95 (one time purchase)
- Word window punch #119857 $16.95 (one time purchase)
- Modern label punch #119849 $16.95 (one time purchase)
- Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack (set of 3) #118309 $16.95 (one time purchase)
- So Saffron classic ink pad #105213 $5.95 (one time purchase)
- Bashful Blue classic ink pad #105209 $5.95 (one time purchase)
- So Saffron 8 1/2 x 11" card stock #105118 $6.95
- Bashful Blue 8 1/2 x 11" card stock #105120 $6.95
- Whisper White 8 1/2 x 11" card stock #100730 $8.50
- Sponges #101610 $3.50
- 5/8" satin ribbon, bashful blue #124325 $8.95
- Silver brads 104336 $6.95
- Stampin' Dimensionals #104430 $3.95
- Paper-piercing tool #116631 $3.50 (one time purchase)
- Snail Adhesive #104332 $6.95 (refill #104331 $4.50)
Instructions to make all 48 cards are below - and can be adapted to make just one:
- Cut all 24 sheets of So Saffron card stock in half, so that you have 48 pieces that measure 5 1/2" x 8 1/2". Fold in half and run the bone folder over the edge so that you have a clean, crisp edge. You card measures 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". (Stampin' Up! Simply Scored Scoring Tool and Simply Scored Place Markers #1122334 $29.95 and #125625 $2.50 make this so easy and quick to do!)
- Cut 12 sheets of Bashful blue card stock into 48 pieces of 3 3/4" x 3 3/4" - you will get 4 out of a sheet of card stock. Reserve scraps for punching with the modern label punch.
- Cut Whisper white card stock 3 1/2" x 3 1/2". You should get 6 to a sheet - you'll neet 8 sheets total. Reserve scraps for stamping the "happy birthday" saying.
- Cut a piece of card stock 4" 4". Run this through the big shot, using the lattice die.
- Using the lattice die image as a stencil, place on Whisper White piece and ink up a piece of a sponge (cut one sponge in quarters) with So Saffron ink and randomly sponge over the stencil - then fill in with an inked Bashful Blue sponge (re use the sponge from the Baby card posted yesterday), coveing the remaining white space. Remove the stencil.
- Using the center of the flowers from the Greenhouse Garden stamp set, stamp the large center flower image in bashful blue and randomly stamp across the image. Stamp the smaller center of the flower image in So Saffron.
- Adhere the stamped image to the Bashful Blue card stock.
- Tie the statin ribbon around the bottom section of the card and tie a bow.
- Adhere it to the card using Stampin' Dimensionals, adhered to each corner.
- Stamp a saying of your choice from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set on a Whisper White scrap and punch out using the Word Window Punch. Adhere to a Modern Label punched out image in Bashful Blue. Attach to card using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Punch out a flower using the Itty Bitty Shapes punch - pierce a hole through it using the paper-piercing tool and adhere a brad. Adhere to project with a Stampin' Dimensional.
There are several steps to this card, but it goes fast. When I work on cards for the troops, I do it in several "mini" steps -
I cut the paper - all at one sitting...
Then I stamp and punch, or use the big shot, or ink up, or apply the dimensionals...
If I only have 5 or 10 minutes, I can usually get one piece of the card finished --- and want to keep on going!
Thanks for stopping by - and HAPPY stamping!
And remember, your purchase through my Stampin' Up! website goes to help support From Our Hearts - when donating cards to the troops! Contact me firstname.lastname@example.org for details.